You can begin greening your terrace with these simple steps, and then move on to bigger ideas:
- Take any simple pot or ‘gamla’ or better still recycle any of your old containers.
- Mix compost, soil, coir peat (or sand) and vermicompost in equal quantities.
- Cover the drainage hole at the bottom of the container with a broken pot piece or a flat stone, and fill it up with the mixture. You will have to drill a hole in a recycled container first.
- Pour water and check that no soil is discharged through the bottom hole.
- Wet the soil and plant your seed or sapling.
- Watch your greens grow!